Sunday, November 1, 2009

Shelf Discovery Challenge


Reading challenges are all over the web. I’ve thought about joining in on a few, but there’s a reading challenge that starts today that I am really excited about. It’s called the Shelf Discovery Challenge, and it all started with an idea from Julie at Blogging Mama. Shelf Discovery is a book edited by Lizzie Skurnick that explores classic YA literature. YA books are something about my preteen & teen years that I remember fondly. It will be interesting to go back and read these books over again. I wonder what my adult self will think of these books now that I’m older?
The Shelf Discovery Challenge will run for six months (November 1, 2009 – April 30, 2010). Grab a copy of SHELF DISCOVERY and pick out what six books you want to read (of course, you can read more than six!) Then, after you read a book, just write a “book report” to share your thoughts with others! To join me in this challenge, go to Blogging Mama’s blog and sign up!
My List:
  • The Cat Ate My Gymsuit by Paula Danziger
  • Summer of Fear by Lois Duncan
  • Tell Me if the Lovers Are Losers by Cynthia Voigt
  • Jane Emily by Patricia Clapp
  • Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume
  • Sister of the Bride by Beverly Cleary

No comments:

Post a Comment